View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 07:35 AM   #129
Tw3nty

Default Re: Official MMA Thread

I have been wanting to post this thought for a while. I am nervous posting it, cause I do not want it to be interpreted wrong.

I believe MMA is becoming a legit sport, and for it to become a legit sport, we have to believe Randy is going to win.

I know Brock is big, but his record is 1-1 or 2-1. Either way he has not proven he is good enough to fight the champ. If Brock wins, then there is no legitimacy to the sport.

That means any big guy with any minimal skill--I say minimal because he has not fought or wrestled competitively in years--can hop into the ring and beat the champ.

Because of this, I believe the only way to believe that the sport is legit is to believe the champ will win.

Now, I know any guy, in a contact sport, can beat any guy on any given day---I saw rocky---but, we have to think that Randy has the best shot at winning because of his experience and being the current undefeated champ.

I am not trying to raise a rucus...I just think the sport is real and a guy cant get a title shot who has lost a fight in his 2 or 3 fight campaign to the belt just because he is big and strong.

Hope I did not offend anyone.