Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
timj219
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (15)
Partagas
timj219 will become famous soon enoughtimj219 will become famous soon enough
Default work from home advice

I have a job decision I have to make soon. I'm hoping some of you may have some insight for me. My current job is going away. I have to make a choice between a couple alternatives.
One is my current job but working for a new company. Systems Administrator supporting a local hospital and sometimes being leveraged to help out other hospitals remotely. The job means being on site most days and working from home two to five days per month.
The second is a work from home job doing similar work but for companies all over the country - concentrated in the northeast for now.

There are lots of differences between the jobs and I will have to consider all aspects but here is the question I hope somebody can answer for me:
Do these work from home jobs always end up being offshored to india or indonesia in the end? I like the idea of working from home but it occurs to me that if I can do the job from rural upstate NY, how long will it be before some bright bulb in mgmt decides somebody in Mumbai can do it just as easily for 1/3 the salary? Anybody have any experience with this kind of thing?