View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #728
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by schollianmj View Post
I definately get a lot more flavor from sipping. but I still give it a couple good puffs every now and again. sadly I tend to sip or whatever every 20 seconds or so. more often if I really like the baccy!

as to letting the pipe dry out.... Hmmm... I have two pipes. a ben Wade and a basket pipe that smokes like a gurgling baffoon. i tend to smoke two or three bowls a day. and mostly out of my ben wade. sounds like you just gave me a reason to get another pipe of 20...
Stock up on some cobs. As many will agree, cobs can be some of the best smoking pipes out there once broken in. I love my cob that I picked up last spring, thing smokes like a champ, but I'm holdin out hope for the new one I picked up last week as it still needs some breaking in.

The glory of a cob is they're perfect for travel, you break one its not a big deal, its ~$8 to replace depending on where you get it from. Same with burning them out, they're great for smoking on in between nights for your briars. I have 4 pipes, 2 cobs and 2 briars, and the cobs tend to see about 2-3 times the action my briars do combined.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote