View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vegas cigar shop recommendations?

I had a mixed experience at Casa Fuente. My friend and I were forced into a corner table on the patio even when we were one of only 3 parties there and were told it was because they were "expecting a busy day" which did not pan out the 1.5 hours we were there. That said, the French Press was excellent (the small is enough for 4 cups, the large is about 8 cups), the non-house sticks weren't nearly as overpriced as I had expected ($9 for a Hemingway Best Seller Maduro), and they didn't mind us smoking our own since we'd ordered coffee.

What was a MAJOR letdown was the Rhumbar at The Mirage. We went on a Saturday night and is was MUCH more a nightclub that allowed cigars than a cigar bar. The music was WAY too loud (and I'm barely out of my 20s) and the dress code WAY too strict for Vegas (no shorts OUTDOORS in JULY? Even with collard button-downs? Seriously?). Maybe it's a bit more low-key during the day or during the week, but on a Saturday night it's just a nightclub that allows cigar smoking.

We were really looking forward to trying out some of the house-rolled sticks at En Fuego / Don Yeyo on W. Sahara, but we ran out of time thanks to a long dinner at Top of the World.
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote