View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #9
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Silound's Dog-Rocket Review Challenge!

No Cremosas, sorry. I honestly don't own any and never will.

The List

Cigar # Notes
  1. Nicaraguan robusto. These will NOT humidify past the brittle hard stage, no matter how high the humidity they’re kept at. I keep them in my 55% long term box. No name to them, just a cheap bundle cigar.
  2. Similar to Cigar #1, except these are some unbranded product by Rolando Reyes. Obviously, this should be warning enough for most people who read reviews, however this Dominican treat should be enough to kill you and put you out of your misery.
  3. Some unbranded Honduran junk that I got as a bonus from a “hookup.” These things came as brutally damaged as they look now.
  4. God only knows where these came from, I’ve had them so long I think they’re multiplying. I got a box of 100 at one time as give-away cigars. They came looking like hell. Marketed as Honduran, these may at best be what was scraped up from a dead Honduran dog.
  5. Supposed Cuban knockoffs, these are about as Cuban as I am. Also, they smell like a leprous goat. Pity, because they honestly look decent. I haven’t a clue where these are from.
  6. Where did I die and end up in hell for buying these Nicaraguan crap sticks? I hand these out to people who beg for a cigar.
  7. They smell Honduran, but I don’t know what the frick they are, or where the frick I got them. I think that sums these up nicely.
  8. Unknown in brand and origin, these were a “gift” from a well meaning friend who brought them back from Mexico. I refused to smoke any after his last gift, and I still do.
  9. Bob’s Bundled Cigar Company cigars. Honest to God, that’s what they were called. They existed for a grand total of a month or less before going under, and this was their “flagship cigar. I don’t remember to this day why my boss ever bought a bundle to try from the rep, but I remember where he stashed the 23 remaining sticks. Hope you enjoy this one.
  10. Ok, another “no-clue” bundle. Something from Cigar Connection in Florida that costs $11 a bundle….4 years ago. 4 years has done nothing but improve these cigars….improve how badly they taste.
  11. Another “your guess is as good as mine” cigar.
  12. Cuvee Blanc from the DR. Biggest disappointment ever to me, because I’ve had a decent Cuvee in the past. Worst branded cigar I’ve had in ages.
  13. Bahia Seconds. Something I found at the B&M and bought foolishly thinking they would age to be something decent.
  14. Occidental Reserve. These aren’t exactly dog rockets, but they’re far from my list of good smokes.
  15. J. Fuego 777. While some call this a good cigar, I’m afraid I relegated it to the “give-away to get rid of them” pile. Nicaraguan puros, they’re something short of terrible.
  16. Flor de Girard. One of the local B&M’s here has this made as their house brand. Aside from sucking pure ammonia, they’re not likely to kill you…I don’t think anyway.