Old 10-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #10
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation
Default Re: Storage Tins

I'm actually going through a mind bending research on roasters and am leaning towards the Hottop programmable at this point.

I don't see the Freshroast lasting more than a couple more months max. I am definitely pushing it and don't wait the suggested 30 minutes rest between roasts and cheat quite a bit past the 8 minutes max.

I am even finding myself taking off the chaff collector to let a little heat escape so I can get a longer roast.

Roasting is something I don't see leaving my life and really want to get it right on the upgrade and am wondering if I can keep it somewhat simple and dependable on the scale up while avoiding buyer's remorse.

The Brasilia isn't overly hungry as far as i can see, and since I got the squirting and whistling under control, it's just packing a few portafilters a day to keep me running, which actually reduces my trips to Sam's Club for Monster energy drink by the case.

The main challenge has been keeping the thing shiny and not burning myself on all the metal that I didn't previously have. I am a bit scarred at this point from some groggy mornings bumping into hot brewgroups and probably shouldn't have taken off the "caution" sticker so soon.

On the positive side, I haven't fallen victim to any scalding citrus acid in the eyes as a result of the excellent pressure relief on the E61's valve for backflushing.

Last edited by floydpink; 10-08-2009 at 09:15 PM.
floydpink is offline   Reply With Quote