View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Caymus
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ken
Trading: (0)
Caymus is on a distinguished road
Default Valentine's Dinner or Plans ?

What's everyone doing tonight ? Anyone cooking Valentine's Day dinner for their spouse/girlfriend/other tonight ? What are you making ?

I'm making dinner for my wife and I (kids will be out at their friends or movies), and here's the menu:
Appeteaser: Proscuitto, parmigiano reggiano, olives, roasted peppers
Salad: Asst'd baby greens with my white balsamic dressing
Pasta: Lobster ravioli (store bought) with a truffle cream sauce (just using truffle oil, not a real truffle)
Main: Mustard and herb crusted rack of lamb, al dente Lentils du puy with mirepoix and bacon, brocolli raab sauteed in olive oil and garlic, and a roasted tomato stuffed with breadcrumbs, herbs, and parmiagano
Dessert: Chocolate tort
Wines: not sure yet...thinking of opening a 2001 Ch Ste Jean Cinq Cepages or maybe a Folie a Deux Amador Zin
Rented "The Maltese Falcon" from Netflix (we've never seen it)
Smoke while watching movie: Wife will probably have Graycliff 1666 torpedo and I'm thinking of either a Pepin Garcia JJ Maduro or RP Olde World Reserve Maduro torpedo (bought 5 packs of both but haven't tried one yet)
Drink while smoking and watching a movie: B&B liqueur
Gift for wife: we're going on a cruise in a couple of weeks so I just gave her a card, bottle of Bvlgari Notte perfume, some amorous coupons, and cash to buy an outfit or whatever for the cruise
Caymus is offline   Reply With Quote