View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #30
Bubba - NJ
Deep Cherry Finish

First Name: Rolf
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Bubba - NJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Large cabinet humidor, humidification suggestions?

I have the Hydra LG and got it from the devil site for $96.00 plus shipping . If I could get another for the same price I would pass on it , just doesn't seem to work well enough . I replaced the floral foam after a couple months with water pearls , it has helped but still doesn't work that well . I have 2 extra fans for it running constantly(with one blowing across the unit) because the unit measures the humidity level right at the unit , might be better if RH was measured at the corded remote . The extra fans have to run constantly and that bothers me but it does help the unit to work better . I have a very similar cabinet to yours called the Sentinel . I am happy with the cabinet , just not thrilled with the Hydran LG . You might want to try the Moist n Aire . I'm pretty sure I'll go for the Avallo or the Staebell system when I have the extra coin . As a side note I have about 2 lb's of Heartfelt beads inside and they help immensely . Good luck with your cabinet . I sit in front of mine every day wishing it was warmer , drives me nuts !