Thread: n00b here
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #9
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: n00b here

I picked up some Ethiopia-Yirgacheffe from "Smokin'Beans" on Amazon. I still plan on getting the sampler from SM and trying some of the other suggested green coffee providers.

http://www.amazon.com/SmokinBeans-Un.../dp/B00LV2PGAA

I have two roasts in with my WhirleyPop. In the first I tried to aim for a medium roast and not to burn anything. I pulled them off shortly after first crack. The flavor was OK but dominated by acidity, at least for me. Again I prefer darker roasts. So, on my second attempt I aimed for just after second crack. It seems I aimed well as my second batch is right up my alley. I'm really enjoying it both French pressed and cold brewed. Since I only go though about 1/2 lb per week, I have plenty for now. I'll likely branch out a bit with some other kinds once our crazy life settles down at home. What I mean is the Mrs is expecting and at full term. Any day now!