View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'd like to try something really different.

What's the one coffee you guys would suggest?
I've tried all kinds of coffee over lots of years. I do enjoy Kona quite a bit, and I enjoy Wallenford Estate. None have ever "stuck" even though I've enjoyed a lot of different types.
Right now I'm working my way through a few pounds of Ho'O Mano Hawaiian med/dark whole bean. It's from Kona Sharks Coffee in Hilo. They sell it at the Farmer's Market there. Demiurgic (Adil) works there and he and I trade a lot.
Sharkie's Killer Kona is exceptionally good. The Ho'o Mano is a lot heavier, more earthy, and stronger than his Kona. The best way to describe it is that the Killer Kona is Bruce Banner and the Ho'o is when he gets pissed off.

My daily coffee is Maxwell House Lite. I can't even say I like it, it's just what I drink. It's just habit and it's what I've grown up on and gotten used to.

If someone would like to suggest something I might like, that'd be great. If you'd like to work out a trade and you'd like to try the Ho'o, that'd be totally awesome.