View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #1
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Don Pepin Garcia Blue Firecracker

This cigar was gifted to me a couple of months ago by Bao (aka Mugen910)!!!

Length/Ring: 3 X 50
Shape: Firecracker with fuse
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Full

Tonight I was getting the BBQ ready and thought I needed a cigar with some flavor while I grilled
some boneless ribs! I also wanted something that would not take an hour and a half to smoke!

This cigar has been staring at me for weeks now! The look is captivating and a little dangerous!
I love the long pigtail fuse!

I cut the cap with my Palio! However, this thing was not defused!!! As soon as I toasted the shaggy foot I realized the power of this cigar! I could detect the pepper in the air!
The smell blended very well with the BBQ and ribs!!!

The first few puffs were very flavorful with plenty of pepper and spice! The pepper is not black pepper,
but red chili pepper! Very nice and hot!

After the first third the spice mellowed a little! Plenty of white aromatic smoke with each draw!
The construction was very nice with no corrections needed. The draw was smooth with just enough
resistance to make the experience enjoyable!

At the halfway point I snorked through my nose and ended up choking! The spice was still very
evident to my sinuses! Good thing I had a Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale to straighten me out!!!

Due to the shortness of this cigar not a lot changed in complexity! I was either getting used to
the spice or it mellowed towards the end! If spice is what you like in a cigar this is the one for you!

I ended up skewering the nub and enjoying the rest of the cigar as it became too hot to hold!

I finished just in time to take the ribs and potatoes off the grill! Yum!!! This was the perfect end
to a great day!!!

Total smoke time took 50 minutes.

Construction/Appearance: 8 out of 10 (Fun shape)
Flavor Balance: 8 out of 10 (Plenty of spice)
Strength: Medium/Full (Flavorful without a nicotine buzz) )
Over all experience: 8 out of 10
Value: This was gifted but I wouldn't pay more than $6.00

Thank you Bao!!!

Last edited by Skywalker; 11-09-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote