Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sleep Apnea Support/Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
I usually sleep on my stomach & side. I tried the nose pillow during the sleep study but that was a disaster. Then I moved to the full face mask and could never get to sleep on my back and when I would wake up in the early morning in that dazed state I would start to have clausterphobia still being partially asleep and not being able to get the mask off. The only reason I did the sleep study was for the ex-gf and now that she is gone there is no reason to worry about it.
you understand the risks associated with untreated apnea? It's not just about snoring. That is the symptom most associated with it, but not even the primary effect.

BTW, you might want to check into what mask they actually had you use during the sleep study. Mine was a triangle mask that covered most of my nose and between my eyes and made me feel pretty claustrophobic. The nose pillow is pretty small and unobtrusive and very different from the study mask. http://www.mysleepapnea.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=464 is what I have - I got it through my DME supplier just by asking for a different mask. I am also a side/stomach sleeper as well as having a goatee (facial hair is a problem with some masks) and this works great for me.