Old 08-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
atlharp
Microaggressor

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
HUpmann
atlharp is on a distinguished road
Default C&D: Good Morning Blend

Description: A Tarler/Runowski blend for getting your day started or any other time of day or night. Reminiscent of a classic Dunhill blend devoted to morning puffing. Contains Virginia,Latakia,Oriental.

Experience: The Good Morning blend is C&D's new addition for this year's pipe show in Chicago. It is a mild to medium strength blend that is enjoyable for morning or all day smoking. Very pleasant flavor of herbal tea with almost no bite in the smoke; the GM makes for a quality morning smoke. The tobacco is cut a bit larger than I have seen before, but it tends to burn very well in the pipe. The flavor is not overpowering, but does build a bit as you smoke. This being a copy of Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe (I have never had EMP so I cannot comment on how close it is) I find it to be a solid addition to the C&D line, and well worth your time when you are looking for something nice and easy to smoke.

Conclusion: 3.5 our of 5 Stars. The Good Morning blend is a rock, solid mild blend that has nice a burn and herbal flavors (Think Green Tea).The Latakia is almost unnoticeable, but does add a little pepper in the flavor. The cut is quite large with this blend and burns cool and smooth. The tobacco from my tin is still a bit green (go figure?) and could do with some aging. A nice, pleasant blend that is still a bit muted in flavor overall. A good blend that could be great with a little time.

ATL
atlharp is offline   Reply With Quote