Old 09-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
Guitarman-S.T-
"ESP+ENGL&amp ;qu ot;-Brutal

First Name: S.T
Trading: (11)
SCdlH
Guitarman-S.T- will become famous soon enough
Default Thai style- Panang Curry!

This is my Holy grail for Thai food, Actually have a friend driving over an hour at the moment just for me to cook it tonight hahaha

Such an easy recipe i had to pass it along-

2 tablespoons sugar
4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced ( if you cannot find them, Lime Zest)
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon red curry paste ( Or Panang Curry Paste)
1 cup coconut milk
1 lb beef, sliced ( I prefer skirt, If cut thin, and against the grain it will be quite tender)

And TEAR IT UP!

Pour 1/2 of the coconut milk in a pan over medium heat. I seem to use my wok for this, Simple as that. Add curry paste and break it up to mix it with coconut milk. Keep stirring to prevent bottom from sticking. Lower the heat to simmer if necessary. Simmer until red oil appears. Add the beef and stir to coat the beef with the curry paste. Add sugar, fish sauce and the rest of coconut milk. Let it simmer until the beef is tender and the liquid is reduced to a thick sauce. It should take about half an hour to an hour depending on your heat. Add water if your beef is still tough and let the liquid reduce.

Sprinkle the sliced kaffir lime leaves on top. Serve hot.

( if you used Lime zest, actually put a small amount into the curry while cooking)

For veggies the traditional way is Asian Long beans, Kind of rare and $$$ in this area so i enjoy Bell peppers. and some Sugar snap peas for a change of direction, and texture.

for you XxXHOT HOTXxX Fans, that curry paste alone should give it a kick, but for me.... I throw in about a half a dozen fresh Thai peppers ( Birds eye) Just crush them, toss them in the curry for people to pick them out, or thinly slice them.

And thats that... Happy Eatings!

( ill take pics tonight )