View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #3983
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

I can't believe I smoked a small butt today and took NO PHOTOS. This has to do with the fact that i got up,
walked outside and was STUNNED that it was in the mid 60s (summer in Memphis?!?) and I proceeded, after
firing up the grill and putting the butt on to smoke, to shower and grab my cameras and head to the zoo in
time to open the place up. Sunday is great, since the bible belt crowd is in church and everyone went to the
zoo the day before. It did not get hot all day, and there was almost no humidity to speak of. Spent 2.5 hrs there.
I got home to a 'cold' grill and a pretty much done butt. But I did not take a pic, got too distracted by the whole
completely unexpected, not to mention pretty much solitary spot in the US where you could FIND, GREAT WEATHER thing.
Plus I kinda dried it out, my first one ever to do that. I guess I was honoring Jeff in Canadadia. And really, the interior
was pretty much perfect. Only the outer 1/2 inch showed signs of over-cooking. Problem was, it was a tiny butt, about
the size of a small meat loaf. I foiled it and re-fired the smoker when i got home, let it go 45 mins, then crusted the outside
for another 20 mins. I think that is what did it. I shoulda just pulled it when i got home. I KNOW it had to have been done.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote