View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #32
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I Pulled The Trigger on an iPhone 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Does your carrier have a Family Share plan?
We have 4 phones, 3 with data, share 10GB (which is way more than enough) and my bill is under $160 now whereas it used to be $230ish.
The 3rd phone could share data as well if my brother would pony up for a smartphone.
All 3 iphones have the personal hotspot enabled, unlimited pics and text and long distance.
It's not a bad deal, and there are even better out there.
I think Sprint has a $100 20GB share plan, and they have an unlimited plan, too. I was looking it over the other day and looked careful enough to find out it was for the "first year". Rates weren't posted for the second year of the 2-year plan. And their deals on phones were pretty bad, but if you brought your smartphones over and just bought your own phones as necessary, it might be a decent deal. Just be careful with them.
I saw on tv that Walmart has a $34 plan, I'm not sure what that was about, but I think it was data and all the fluff, per phone. That may be worth a look, too
Edit:
I checked the Walmart plan. It sucks.
Unlimited is 2.5GB at 3g speed, then 2g thereafter. Unlimited calling is between 2 phones. Phone A and phone B in the plan. So I could talk and text one person on my plan, then I'd have to pay for all texts to anyone else. (As best as I could understand the small type.)
That's just great. Walmart.
On Verizon, so sure we do... Will have my wife go figure it out, see if she can get us hooked up.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote