View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #13
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Which are the most cigar-friendly states?

For me it is difficult to separate "Cigar Friendly" from the weather. For example, Oregon's smoking laws are pretty tough. You can't smoke indoors with a few exceptions: you can smoke in some cigar stores (no alcohol for sale) and we have a few pretty good cigar lounges where you can smoke, drink, eat and watch sports on TV.

You cannot smoke outside in most public areas. But you can smoke outside at home (single family dwellings). The temps don't hit extremes so smoking outside is fine from late spring through early fall; however, you may need some overhead protection for the rain. If you have an outdoor heater you can smoke outdoors other times of the year.

I like to smoke outside, so for me Oregon is cigar friendly. States where the heat or cold can be extreme would not be cigar friendly for me. I have also found California to be cigar friendly when I visit, but I don't live there, so take that with a grain of salt.

Just my ...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote