Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default Re: SEC fans, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
I understand the southern pride but, by that logic, southerners should be rooting for all southern teams (Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech, to name a few). Not just the SEC.

Like I said - I can't. I was raised for the most part in LA so was a LSU fan most of my life, I still root for them. Moved to Bama where my Dad got his bachlors and masters at UAB, sister went to Auborn, my brother and sister in law went to Tenennesee, my cousin went to Georgia and is a Dawg, etc. No one ever said to me this is why, just was raised to pull for the SEC colleges. I know there is a lot of rivelry in college sports but have never seen/experienced it as compared to the SEC. It's sort of us against us and then whoever wins it's us against who ever

Could be in part the SEC still retains 10 of the original 13 from 1932, possibly the legacy and the rivelry????

But it as the OP posted. Having lived and worked in the Navy with people from all over the US, most everyone has a team to pull for but very few pull for the conference as a whole. As a side note, I am a Steelers fan ever since Terry Bradshaw went to the Steelers from LA TECH (not an SEC). I still pull for the AFC even if the Steelers don't make the playoff. Maybe I'm small minded