Old 07-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #1187
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOut View Post
found a bottle of Woodford Reserve Sanoma Cutler buried on a shelf today. Super Stocked. Only missing the original masters now.
Good luck on that!!! I'd buy ALL the Four Grain that you found, personally!! I still think the Four Grain and the Sweet Mash were the best, by far! But.... I haven't cracked open the Rye offering from last year. I didn't really care for the Sanoma Cutler, and really didn't care for the Maple Wood Finish from 2 years ago. Ended up drinking the Cutler, but gave the almost full bottle of Maple Wood Finish away to my son.

There was a small store in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee that was off River Road (vs Main Street). The owner had half a dozen bottles at home in his personal stash. I'd tried to talk him out of one a couple years ago, but no luck. Then, last year, the property owner sold out, they tore down the small retail center and the fronting property on Main Street, and were in process of some big project. I have no idea where the store went, or even if it re-opened anywhere. Which is a shame, cause I feel sure I could have talked him out of one bottle (with a decent high offer). I paid right at $100 per bottle on the three I originally purchased. Wish I'd put one back, now!

But, seriously, if you run across several bottles, and don't want them all, I'd be very interested in acquiring one or more of the Four Grain!!