Thread: MLB 2012 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #726
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: MLB 2012 Thread

Game 1 hit goes off third base, which would have ended the inning. End result 3 more runs scored in that inning.

Game 2 the bunt that rolled along the line spinning and stayed fair. The calls have been great. Replay proved that. My only complaint there is the strike zone is strangely small, especially east/west when Tigers are pitching. Giants are getting the outside pitch called for a strike consistently where the Tigs aren't. It's not the reason for the 2-0 lead but it contributes.

I'm not complaining or making excuses. My point is EVERYTHING is going the Giant's way. Panda had 12 HR in 162 games then hits 3 in WS-Game1. I wouldn't have expected that if I was pitching. Heck he chipped the third one over the wall like he had a pitching wedge in his hand. Unreal.

Prince was out at home thanks to a terrible slide. Get outside the baseline when the catcher is setup insidem OR, hit the plate with your front foot and you'd have been safe. The only slides I've seen worse were by Delmon Young during the season where BOTH feet missed the bag.

Point taken about hitting a bad pitcher. All year it seems pitchers who were struggling magically right the ship against the Tigers. Bum was just the latest. What was his postseason ERA coming in 11.5? JV's was 0.74 and he gets beat up for 5 runs. Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot?