You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rant: Cigar Bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
This a funny topic for me to stumble across today. This morning I was at the B&M in downtown Cincinnati. (As you may know, tobacconist shops in Ohio are about the only legal places to smoke indoors nowadays. Anyhow, this sometimes leads to..uh, an interesting mix of non-customers coming in merely to be out of the cold.)

A scruffy guy of the above type comes in and sits down for a few minutes. He was not in anybody's way but the employees were keeping an eye on him, so was I for that matter. He said nothing until he saw that my mostly-smoked cigar was perched in the ashtray. His question was "Are you gonna finish that?". I replied that I indeed would be finishing it. That's when the employees told him that it was time to go.

Several minutes later, after said stogie was done and at the bottom of the ashtray, covered with ashes and no longer lit, same gent popped in long enough to swipe it.

Thankfully this is not a frequent occurence there. This thread does make it seem like some of you might have been much more kindly than I was, maybe you could have given him one of your best ISOM sticks.
At my local B&M lounge, we had a homeless man come by and sit outside to smoke a nub left in an ashtray. The owner didn't mind as long as he didn't bother anyone. Well a few minutes pass by and the cops show up to talk to him. We later find out that he was next door at the starbucks where one of the employees told him to leave, but he refused. He yelled at the employee and ended up leaving. The reason the wanted him out was due to him being butt naked in the bathroom showering.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote