View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Tredegar
Sing along with me

Trading: (9)
Tredegar is on a distinguished road
Default Nudging another off the cliff

This past August I got to meet my step daughters boyfriend. He's a smoker and I inquired if he had smoked cigars. He said yes, but that he rarely ever smoked more than an inch and usually tossed it. I asked him what he smoked and he told me Acids or other similar cigars. This gave me an opportunity to introduce him to something better. I went ahead and bought him a Fuente Best Seller to see how he would like it. He loved it! In fact he said that was the first time he ever smoked a cigar to the point where he had to remove the band.

Fast forward to this past weekend. I had to go back to Milwaukee, where they live, and took him to a cigar bar Havana Lounge and Cigar and showed him around their humidor. He wanted to try something different so I suggested a Cabaiguan. He thought it was a bit too mild for him and proceeded to buy himself a couple more AF Best Sellers to round out the evening. I think he's hooked on Fuentes now.

The next night I gave him one of my RASCCs. He said he had a CC before but wasn't impressed. He really enjoyed it too.

One other note he said he usually tried to speed smoke his cigars and I told him it was about one of the worst things he could do. I told him to slow down and once he did he really started to enjoy them.

Will he be a humidor owner? Not sure. I might have to gift him with a CI to push him down the path. But at least now he knows what a really good smokes tastes like and what to get the next time he buys one.
Tredegar is offline   Reply With Quote