Old 10-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default AF Work Of Art Maduro (WOAM)

The pre-light first taste was a bit of sweet chocolate. Pre-light smell was sweet.
This cigar was amazing to light with a soft flame and let the burn do it's work.
First third was sweet with a bit of coffee.
Burn got a little wavy until cresting the mound then evened out.
First few draws where a bit tighter than desired, after a minor draw tool insertion everything is perfect. The first ash fell off at the end of the first third.

2nd third I picked up a mild spice with a mocha flavor coming in and out. Flavors were bouncing around pleasantly between sweet, pepper and what I think is leathery chocolate. Still perfect burn. This smoke seams much more complex than some info I've read. This cigar started to burn a bit wavy but corrected with a vengeance. The aroma that is produced is very pleasant and sweet. The smoke coats my mouth with a soft sweetness that leads back into a mild pepper. This is the first smoke I have had that I would consider sweet and peppery combining perfectly. A very mild desirable pepper though.

The final third I get a little spice again. I definitely value the constant change of flavors. Although there are not to many flavors, they fade in and out nicely. Picking up a bitter cocoa with some spice on the finish.
I did have a little bit of tar build up so I again poked my previous hole with my draw tool and did a flameless perge and everything was once again wonderful.
I highly recommend this stick to any Maduro lover!
This cigar defines Maduro for me. It will be a staple in my humidor if I can get my hands on some more.
The smoke is very dense and white.
This smoke can last me well over an hour and can be smoked very slowly.
I felt the nic hit me early so I slowed down and am now really pulling all these great flavors out.

A cream soda is a great partner for this cigar. I would love to try it again with a cup of unsweetend coffee to see if I pick up as much sweetness.

I paid close to $9 at a local b&m, it is a high price tag but I've paid as much for less enjoyable sticks.

I smoked a Hemmingway SS last week and it was good, the WOAM however is great!!!

This is only my second review, I enjoy righting reviews as I smoke to really appreciate and focus on the flavors. I couldn't find any reviews for this cigar in the last couple years so I figured instead of reviving an old one I would simply start another. Hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by Blak Smyth; 10-21-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Blak Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote