View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #26
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: JoePa.....Sad if true....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
ABSOLUTELY no allegation Paterno lied about anything....he did what he was LEGALLY required to do, report it to his superiors....my question is what were his MORAL obligations...here is a quote from the head of the PA State Police:

State police commissioner Frank Noonan said Monday that Paterno fulfilled his legal obligations and was in no danger of being charged with any criminal wrongdoing, but that he felt the 84-year-old coach had not lived up to his moral obligations.

"Somebody has to question about what I would consider the moral requirements for a human being that knows of sexual things that are taking place with a child," Noonan said. "I think you have the moral responsibility, anyone. Not whether you're a football coach or a university president or the guy sweeping the building. I think you have a moral responsibility to call us."
Exactly, that's why the VP and AD got arrested - they lied.

I'm no lawyer, and I don't play one on TV but since Joe P didn't see this with his own eyes what steps would have the police taken? Wouldn't it have been necessary to have the grad asst be the complainant? (not excusing by a long shot, just wondering). Like if someone tells me they see a crime and I call the police and say that someone told me they saw a crime are the police going to care what I have to say?