Old 08-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

First Name: Victor
Trading: (1)
Victor808 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Complexes

As an update...
The Cosgrove Evil 8 ..... definitely good. I've done two days of it... at about 60lb. I think I could go heavier pretty easily, but those Good Mornings at the end are a real risk for my back.

Tumminello's Weight Plate .... Tried this one last night. OOOOOOOF. Granted, I'd just done a set of the Cosgrove, but I tried it with 45lb first... no way in hell. Overhead squats with that plate felt unstable, and then I tried the diagonal chops. No way in hell. I dropped the weight to 35lb, managed to struggle through a few sets, but was on my back gasping after a couple. Could not finish all 5x through.

Waterbury's Submission complex - This one is ok. I ran it with 30lb barbells I think... not much of a problem, and was able to complete a Cosgrove complex afterwards still. The big issue I have with this complex is positioning your hands in a Good Morning when you don't have a bar is a challenge. I didn't feel like my form was great.

Definite winner is the Tumminello. I need to try it again with a 25lb plate next time to see if I can simply finish it.
Victor808 is offline   Reply With Quote