View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #46
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: iPhone Sucks and Apple are Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
Actually the HD2 will get WinMo7. Whether your carrier will do it is another thing. But HTC will be doing an upgrade. And as far as WinMo7 is concerned I have used it and it seems very bloated. Maybe once the custom roms come out it will be better. As for 6.5 put SPB Mobile Shell on it and it is awesome. That said if you are not comfortable putting custom roms or overlay programs on your phone, any WinMo phone is probably not a good idea. What makes them the best IMO is the huge amount of customization available from the community of users.
I stand corrected, but agree with you on the carrier holding updates back.

I ran SPB Mobile Shell, Manilla 2D, Titanium, Sense UI, you name it. Still doesn't change the fact that underneath that sweet looking UI is laggy, buggy Windows Mobile. I've flashed custom ROMs, lite ROMs, leaked ROMs, hacked ROMs and landed on one I really liked until I realized that the build the chef baked off of was "time-bombed" to quit on May 1 2010. Finally I gave up.

My Eris should be here today. It will be weird not installing those handful of programs Ive been using for 2 years. I just have to hold out until the Incredible specs are confirmed then I will decide between that and the N1.