Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Wayne
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
OnePyroTec will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
A friend of mine who is big into BBQ and judges KCBS has one and he isn't impressed. His comments were that it works ok, but not as well as one would hope, not as much heat ends up on top of the pizza as it should so you have to be careful about burning the crust before the topping cooks. Also, depending on what you use your kettle for and how much buildup you have in there, when you start getting that hot and the stone reflecting the heat back into the bottom of the kettle, inadvertently starting a grease fire is pretty easy to do; I've done it - completely ruined the food, fvcked the stone up and had to spend quite a bit of time and caustic cleaning the kettle afterwards.

And $150 is outrageous for what it is. I would think that for about $15 worth of sheet metal and $4 worth of bolts from home deopt or lowes, you could probably build a kettlepizza clone in an hour.

Agreed, after talking with my buddy who does fabricating, he is convinced we can make something to fit on the PBC. Will it work, won't know until we are done.

side note: I was also glad to hear from him he could easily make the PBC but to clone it down to the new drum, powder coating, & grill, he couldn't beat the price. We live in a small town so getting the small things need to build ONE wouldn't be cost effective.
OnePyroTec is offline   Reply With Quote