View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #176
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
qwerty1500 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Gin Thread!

Wow ... I've missed a lot during the last few weeks. It seems that the gin drinkers have come out of the woodwork.

Not a big fan of the heavy citrus flavors. Much more devoted to the traditional London dry gins in my martinis. And I like them wet with a dry vermouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixcigar View Post
OK, I'll admit that I did not read the whole thread, but does no one drink Beefeater anymore?
Martini drinkers can go though a lot of gin. Just ask my liver doctor. And, if you like London dry gin like I do, Beefeaters is a reasonably good gin at a good price point. Plus, I've heard that it's the only London based distiller still in operation.

I've tried a lot of pricy gins and seem to always return to my old stand-bys ... Beefeater, Bombay (regular ... you can keep the Sapphire ... the almond flavor ruins it for me) and Tanqueray (love the No. 10). I guess I'm just a cheap drunk.

And, contrary to what everyone else experiences, martinis DO NOT overpower cigar flavors for me. In fact, they enhance a lot of the cigar flavors that I really like. Martinis have been my favorite cigar drink for years.
qwerty1500 is offline   Reply With Quote