View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #13
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tequila - Which 2 of these would you buy?

I decided to become a Tequila snob for a month and from what I remember, The Casa Noble was the most highly regarded and my personal favorite. I bought a bottle of the silver and really enjoyed it.

I would put the Patron as a close second for it's incredible smoothness but many connoisseurs feel that Patron sacrifices flavor in order to achieve that signatures smoothness.

I found everything they said to be true. The Casa Noble did have the best flavor by far but it was not as smooth as the Patron. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. One downside to the C. Noble, I couldn't drink more than 1 or 2 shots worth without developing a slight headache the next morning.

Another thing I found interesting is that a lot of Tequila snobs actually consider silver tequila as more highly regarded than reposados and anejos. The reason being is that apparently tequila does not benefit from barrel aging in the same way as scotch. Long-term aging in barrels imparts a smoothness to the tequila but results in a significant loss of flavor.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote