Thread: Headphone help
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #34
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Headphone help

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
Todd, why not just get him another pair of the Skull Candy? I mean hes a kid right, could get broken, lost, stolen, etc. Not saying hes irresponsible by any means... but things happen. How old is he btw?

If not, you cant really go wrong with Bose:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details
He is 15, has a job, is very responsible, loves his music.

I broke (and then repaired) the Skull Candy. He left them in the computer in the study, the phones on the desk, and the cord hanging down by the tower sitting on the floor. I got up quick, my foot hooked the cord hanging on the ground, and yanked the cord out of the plug. I felt pretty bad. I got a new plug from radio shack did some repair work, and got them to work. They just are not what they were. Skull candy will replace them at 50%, but he's listened to some other headphones and wanted to upgrade. The ones he listened to were $500 and up at a top end electronics store in San Diego. He didn't want to go that far out, but wanted to get something better than these.

I said that since I broke them, I pay to get them replaced by Skull Candy, or go up to the next model, or 1/2 of something up to $60.

He went with the Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones.

He will use these for at home. Then he can take his Skull Candy (in their limited ability) with him to football games and to the gym for working out.

Thanks for all the help guys, it is appreciated.

Peace of the Lord be with you.