View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #468
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
I would go with the Ci-Gel as it says to add distilled water. The Xikar say used propylene glycol. The implication is the Ci-Gel itself is the regulator for humidity whereas the Xikar is just a matrix for PG similar to florist foam.

I would still use a boveda pack instead of either one.

No. Xikar does not make beads. Beads are those from Shilalabeads or Heartfelt. Take the free option for now but save some money to get beads. They are really not that expensive. Around $30 a pound which is good for a large humidor. I run 2.5lbs, more than needed actually, in each of my edgestars.

Thanks Jason, I was thinkng the gel would be better....I had actually already placed my order, I ordered the 2 oz and the 4oz, but I just called them and changed the order to 2 gels (2 humis) and I will be getting the beads when I am ready...thanks for the info