View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 PM   #11
irklak

Default Re: Edgestar 28 (or equivalent) or regular Humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDVC View Post
I am looking to hold about 300-500 sticks for seasoning. I have a desktop 25 stick and a (RH bleeding, cheep ass) wooden humidor that holds about 60 sticks. The desktop is a keeper (plain, but it works nice), the larger one needs to go.

I don't smoke a lot (1-2 a week) but I have noticed that holding the sticks for a while and letting them age makes a difference (to me anyway). I would like to buy some boxes and samplers of different brands and season them a bit before smoking.

I want something that looks decent (curb appeal) and is reasonably priced. I have seen some very nice wooden one here by a few folks and I am considering one of the smaller versions (cost consideration) for show and tell.

I would like the Edgestar (with draws and shelves) or an Aristocrat type for long term storage.

I am open to comments and suggestions.

Also, with the beads, which is the best way to go in that department?
I'm very, very happy with my Edgestar 28 bottle for aging. I have drawers on the way from ChasDen as well.

I think that is the way to go imho. I think they look fantastic too. I have not had to run it yet, and only plan to in the summer. It is 70/70 in there with Heartfelt beads without running at all.