View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 07:43 AM   #7
Conch Republican
10-78

Trading: (60)
HUpmann
Conch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Blind Review participants

1) Aesthetics: the look of the cigar - oily, coarse, smooth, dry, light, dark, pretty, ugly, etc...Bling stick #2...a Maduro toro-ish size. Cut is fine; no real odor noted, draw is effortless

Score for aesthetics:

2) Pre-light Construction: Roll cigar between fingers - soft spots? loose? tight? dense? lightweight? Well rolled? how does it smell?See above

Score for Pre-light construction:

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Does it draw well, does smoke pull through on its own, do soft spots appear after lighting, burnes evenly? smokes hot or cool? What is ash like? color of ash? flaky or solid?

Score for post-light construction:

4a) Flavor and strength – 1st 1/3: What does it taste like? Full-bodied, med. or mild? Does it taste earthy, spicy, fruity, vegetal, sweet, rich, harsh, direct, floral, robust, woody, green (haylike), acidic, salty? Is it pleasant or unpleasant? Does it build in flavor and/or complexity as you smoke it? Is it bland, flavorful, complex? Did it get bitter? Post light, cigar seems very mild; good construction, nice burn, nice white ash. There is an unpleasant aftertaste - but I may also not be awake :-) Unpleasant is a strong word...I am pairing this with my morning coffee, it seems to have changed and we are only into the 1st inch. Less unpleasant after taste, the ash is starkly white - with the offset of the Maduro wrapper. Burn is still ok...the aftertaste is a bit bitter, but not horrible - then again my 1st 2 conference calls are the same today

4b) Flavor and strength – 2nd 1/3: ok, just starting the 2nd 1/3 of the cigar...There is still an odd aftertaste...almost like when ginger ale bubbles on your tongue. Again not horrible, but I typically do not smoke NC's so this is a very different journey for my 3 taste buds. Still on the mild-medium side for me. Not much change either way

4c) Flavor and strength – Last 1/3: Entering the last 1/3; construction is still good, getting a bit stronger, and a little more of a chemical taste to the cigar. Unknown if I will make it to nub status yet... A bit more ammonia on the retrohale - this is not bad, but if DBall were reviewing, he would likely pair this cigar with a glass of bleach
Down to the nub, less ammonia - which is surprising. Stronger than the start and middle.

Score for flavor and strength:

5) Aftertaste/Finish: aftertaste is the sensation &/or flavor on you palate after each puff, not the taste left after you finish the cigar. Is it heavy - light? Spicy, cedary, fruity, bitter, hot, grassy? Mild - strong? Pleasant or not? Harsh?

Score for aftertaste:

6) Aroma: What does it smell like? Good - bad? light or heavy? pervasive - mild? floral, perfumed, grassy, harsh, woodsy, overpowering, unpleasant, magnificent?

Score for aroma:

7) General Comments: Are samples consistent? Did you particlarily enjoy of with a certain food or beverage? Did they appeal more at certain time of day? Did it remind you of something? Would you buy them? Sum it up as you would to a friends ("That cigar was awesome!") and give it an overall score.

Overall score for the cigar:

8) Recommendation: Would you recommend the cigar? Pick one of the following and explain: Overall a decent mild to Medium cigar. As I said in previous reviews - everyone should try every cigar.

Not Recommended
Possibly Recommended
Recommended
Highly Recommended