View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #22
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Highest Alcohol Beers

Some of the %'s look wrong as well. It definitely doesn't consider years. 120 minute was 21% at one point, so was WWS according to rate beer.

Interesting list though. #1 is 21% but so are WWS/120 or at least they were. WWS was said to be all the way up to 23% at one point.

I agree with MikeyC if Millennium is on there so should Hair of the Dog Dave which was 28%. Sure you cannot get it anymore but lets face it Millennium isn't widely available either.

Brian is correct, Mephistopheles, WWS and 120 minute definitely don't taste like 15-21% ABV. They are smooth and the alcohol is WELL hidden. I've fooled so many people that were pretty drunk with the 120 minute. They pounded it and fell over, then the next day asked me where to buy more and what they actually drank They never believe it was 21% when I tell them.

Think of high abv beers like bourbon, try WLW and tell me it tastes like it's nearly 70% alcohol....it doesn't. It might have some heat to it but you could easily be fooled into thinking it was 45-50% instead of 64-68%.