Old 09-24-2021, 08:22 AM   #15
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation
Default Re: Forced to Retire Early

Life forces upon us decisions we never will make on our own because most of us are too risk adverse (Justified by kids, mortgagees etc.) to actually go all in on our dreams as adults. Sounds as if you were planning to make a change thru continuing education and this just accelerates/confirms your commitment to your next step.

Had the opportunity to retire at 47, but with some required life changes, when my partner of 13 years orchestrated a mass firing and exodus from a company we had built. After soul searching and support from former coworkers, decided to do it one more time with my friends.

Twelve years later, we ended up happier and more financially rewarded by an exponential amount vs if we had stayed. Our partner meetings started out cursing my former partner. Over time they became toasts to the man who made it all happen.

Sometimes the worst thing that happens to you (Job Loss) ends up over time being the best thing. You are now free to pursue your dreams with a bit of a financial net (Pension).

Lucky Bastage!