View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 12:20 AM   #10
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: How did you get into cigars?

I had the random cigar here and there at weddings and such, but when I got my job 28 years ago I found that cigars helped me get through the midnight shift. Smoked Grenadiers and Black and Milds that you get from the drug store in boxes of 5, unhumidified.

Around 2002 I smoked my first handmade, properly humidified cigar, and couldn't believe how much better they were than what I had been smoking for 15 years. Started heading to the B&M every week and trying everything I could get my hands on. Some of my favorites back then were La Aroma de Cuba, Partagas Black and CAO Brazilias.

In late 2003 I smoked my first Cubans in Nassau, from the LCdH there....Bolivar Royal Corona was the first. Complex, nuanced, rich, I slowly transitioned to smoking mostly Cuban within the next couple years. Still enjoy quality Nicaraguans and Dominicans here and there, but mostly Cuban at this point. Just personal taste, they're more in my wheelhouse.

It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote