Thread: 2014 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 08:48 PM   #35
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2014 MLB Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
The Yanks were also blindsided a bit by Cano, and thought they were in preliminary negotiations when Robbie suddenly jumped the Yankee Clipper for another shipful of sailors.

Did the Yanks make a mistake? Maybe. Time will tell. One thing's for sure though. Sign him or not sign him, they were gonna get criticized for it either way. They are the Yankees, and that's what people do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post

If I'm Yanks and money really isn't an issue, why not just look at it this way: 7 year deal for $34 million a year? Just write off the back end of this contract..

Granderson signed for 4 years, $15 million a year. Certainly a re-signable contract I think.

Do you only read those parts of posts that suit you? The Yanks might have payed Cano more per year than Seattle had Jay Z and Robbie given them the chance. As for Grandy, I hope for Mac's sake that the Mets get their money's worth, since the Yanks did not the last 2 years. Last season he only played 61 games, batted .229 with 15 RBIs. He did have a good 2012 regular season, when he earned his $10 M (not $15 M in '12), but went a sterling 3 for 30 in the post-season.

Then there remains the fact that, with the signing of Cano by Seattle and Grandy by the Mets, folks like you are criticizing the Yanks and talking as if the Yankees had a march stolen on them and blew it big time. On the other hand, had the Yankees signed Cano and Grandy to the exact same contracts as they got in Seattle and Queens, folks like you would be criticizing the Yankees for overpaying for two more aging players in an attempt to purchase another championship. Don't bother to deny it . . . I've seen it too often before. It does not matter what the Yankees do, people will find fault regardless of which way they go.

And finally, there's this: Brother, I have no problem whatsoever believing you know a great deal more about the White Sox than I do. Can you perhaps entertain for a second the wild thought that I might know just a teeny-tiny bit more about the Yankees than you?