Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dave
Trading: (10)
HUpmann
ColdCuts will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cigar Places in Alexandria, VA / DC Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Can't think of any 'must-see' shops anywhere. But, if you're downtown near the White House, Drapers is worth a look. Nice selection, good staff and one of the higher profile shops in the region. If your brother and wife don't mind the atmosphere, Shelleys (around the corner from Drapers) has decent food and you can smoke your own there. Plenty of other decent shops around. Depends mostly on where you are and whether you want to travel to one of them. Navigating around here is often bad enough to dissuade you from traveling just a few miles for something.
Thanks for the tips, Dave. I suppose you're right. There are no actual 'must-see' places. But there are some worth checking out, right? If someone asked me the same about NYC, I'd recommend Carnegie Club in Manhattan. They've got an eleven-piece orchestra backing up a guy named Steven Maglio who does Frank Sinatra covers. You can't get that anywhere else, so I'd call that one a must-see. I'd found Shelly's Back Room online. Looks nice. Do they charge a fee if you bring in your own smokes? Carnegie Club charges $10. No biggie. Just wondering.