View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #11
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mosca's Chicken a la Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Brad, did you change the proprtions on the other ingredents when you went from 3lbs of chicken to a whole chicken? At least out here, a whole chicken weighs out at about 4.5lbs coming from the butcher, although that includes some parts (maybe a 1/2lb) that probably wouldn't make it into the dish, like the back and neck, etc...

I'm just looking to get an idea so I can scale it down a bit.
I have to admit, I just fiddled with the supposed recipe from Mosca's web page. It is somewhat
vague to begin with. Try to ignore my poundage I guess. I use a whole chicken cut down about
twice the normal 2-2-2-2 stage. (2 of everything) I end up with about15-16 pieces.
Ironically the chicken proportions could maybe affect the rest of the recipe if you were scaling way
up or way down, but in general, I think the juice ingredients are about the same for 1/2 a chicken up
to two chickens. It's really just more or less juice to use with your pasta and bread. So you can really
experiment in my experience. But yeah, a whole chicken. And here...you can fiddle with this, too.....'

http://moscasrestaurant.com/recipes-fresh-seafood.html
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote