View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #115
joeobx
just playing in the storm

First Name: Joe
Trading: (4)
joeobx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

[quote=SvilleKid;1743861]Yeah, that must be it. The Non-union crew from the rural co-op got a different story than the union crews from AlaPowCo. Being uneducated, non-union rednecks from Bama, and probably can't even read, I'm sure they just misunderstood the intentions of the union reps!

Where did this come from ???
All I was trying to say is someone got some bad info. I've been doing this work for going on 35 yrs, 32 of which I was a dues paying member of the union. I have worked more disasters than I can count. I came name 4 non-union contractors that work for us including the crew I had this week that are now working in NJ and NY. They do have to be certified to do high voltage work. This is EXTREMELY dangerous work. Some companies do have safety rules in place about tree work, most do not. We had an experienced lineman that has had a life changing event when he was cutting a tree and it rolled on him and broke his leg in 4 places. I know when the crap hits the fan I have never seen a utility turn down help when they've asked for it.