Old 11-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #113
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
I wrote and deleted three posts before I wrote this.
I only pray that things get better fast there.
I sincerely hope so too. But I don't see that happening. I've seen it too many times down here to know that "Fast" and "recovery" don't go hand in hand. That's IN NO WAY meant to be a negative reflection on the efforts of the crews Or of the residents. It's just experience. As a society, we are given more and more to expect everything NOW! It just doesn't work that way wit cleanup and recovery, where the basic intrastructures have to be restored before supplies in a meaningful quantity can be safely shipped in. And it takes time and money and lots of volunteers just to gather and prepare those supplies. And without the ability to store and distribute them..... Shipping them up does no good.

The unimaginable number of people living in such a small area will make this a nightmare. There's just, logistically no way it can happen fast enough for the number of people involved. And, I realize its hard to be patient when you are hungry and thirsty.