View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 11:12 AM   #7
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Remembering 9/11 - 20 years later - your story

As I was living only 25 miles from Ground Zero, I could relate 9/11 stories all day long. But for now I shall limit myself to the SECOND most shocking thing I witnessed that day.

Once I got home from work I turned on my TV to get the news updates, yet as I had only broadcast signals at that time I had no TV - the network antennas went down with the Towers. So, feeling lost, I went outside and stood on the sidewalk outside my apartment building, located within 100 yards of the commuter railroad station in town, as I wanted to witness people returning safely home. However there were few trains and as few people to see. But as I waited I saw a big fancy car drive up and park, and a well-dressed older man and three women of various ages got out. As they walked past me in a group, presumably on their way to dinner somewhere in town, I heard the man say words to the effect that "Well, on the bright side, tomorrow will be a good day to buy stocks." I was, as you can imagine, slack-jawed speechless.

It takes a special type of scumbag to see tragedy as an opportunity to benefit themselves.