View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #24
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: whiskey, cognac, brandy

Johnny, sorry we posted at the same time. I only wish you were in Bay Area, I'd be happy to pop a couple of my favorites for you. Courvoisier is definitely not one of them.

If you have a nearby shop with an online catalog I'd be happy to see what you can try. As is, I have a nice VS bottle that I brought back from Boston years ago (a few actually) made by a very small house, quality wise it will easily "kill" anything at double and triple the price from the "industrial" houses, I paid $20 each for them. There are some great buys, but you need to know what to buy.

I also have some Ferrand, Deret and need to re-stock on Gourmel. Are you planning on attending any Bay Area herfs?

If you feel like it, there is a Petrossin Bar right off the main entrance (check in) to Bellagio, piano bar. If you can afford it (and I don't mean it in any derogatory way, economy is tough), they do serve basic Gourmel by the glass. They also allow cigar smoking and I bring my own.

But I am also sure that if they serve Gourmel at Bellagio, then some local liquor shop must have it at retail.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote