View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
SilverFox

Default A Tale of Customer Service

Yup another one of those.

Only for a change this is about good customer service.

So a couple of weeks ago I am pressure washing the siding and the back deck when I figure what the hell I will clean the grill too.

I have a Napolean Prestige Grill, I have had it for 3 years, I like it a lot it burns hot and even and has this great infra red sear zone that heats up super hot.

So I am blasting away with the pressure washer and I blow the ceramic out of the sear zone burner. A hell, but my own damn fault.

I pop on the internet that night and try to find a part to purchase to replace it, I can't find the damn thing.

I decide the next day to call the manufacturer.

"Hello Napolean Appliances"

"Yeah, I was pressure washing my grill and I blew apart the ceramic burner and need to buy a replacement one"

"Sir, please give me your model and serial number that part may be covered under warranty"

"Ok but I don't think warranty covers user stupidity but.......(I give numbers)"

"Ahh the Napolean Prestige, yes sir that burner is covered under lifetime warranty, if I can just confirm your address we will have that part shipped out this afternoon"

"Really, no ****?? Huh (Me sounding super intelligent) ok its >>>>>)

"Let me read that back sir >>>>>>> is that correct"

"Yes"

"Is there anything else I can help you with today sir?"

"No thank you"

"Allright then sir on behalf of Napolean Appliances you have a great weekend"

So there you have it, I didn't even try to bullshit my way to a new part, I figured I was dumb enough to blow it up then I would pay for a new one.

The pretty much have gaurenteed that I will be buying my next grill from Napolean.

Just thought I would share.