Thread: Shilala Beads
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 05:33 AM   #54
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shilala Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak_link View Post
Scott can you suggest a way to keep the bags from splitting? The large bags that sit at the bottom of my vino are fine but the ones that get moved around from time to time in the desktops have some issues. Two or 3 of the small bags have split on me. I tried to melt the bags back together with a torch with varying degrees of success. Actually not much success, just a lot of fail.
Eric, all you have to do is use an iron. Set it on it's highest setting and fix the seams. When you iron them, you want to lay the bag on a piece of fabric, but NOT a towel.
Press down with the iron and hold it until you know the bag has come to temperature. Pressing is important. It pushes the blue around and makes it stick good.
The other option is to just sew the edges.
The fabric is tricky to seal. I can tell if it's right by squeezing the bags after I make them. At a time, I had a crappy iron and had a lot of fail that I didn't catch. I got a new super fancy iron and it alleviated the fail.
I have a couple two ounce sticks in my travel humi that I made a long time ago, the ends are splitting on me. I need to fix them. They're one of the million things I have to fix around here.