View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #42
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Netflix Change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSB75 View Post
The email I got said the unlimited streaming was going up to 7.99 a month, with the 2 DVD/Bluray I have currently at 14.99. This does wind up being a $5 increase over what I am paying now. I've been a netflix customer since 2003 and I've no plans to change that now. Their customer service has always been helpful whenever I've had a problem and that is worth the price of entry for a product I use.

I think this is based more on the fact that they are being charged more for the digital streaming rights by the content providers. When they started streaming, they were the only game in town and could dictate prices. Now there are several more (Amazon, Hulu), with additional players getting into the business as well, and the studios feel they can get more money.
From an IT guy, I understand that to allow streaming and expect good performance for thousands or millions of customers must cost a pretty penny.

From a customer, I don't want to pay more, but for me it's $5. I have 3 DVDs and streaming for $20. I believe it will be $25. Sucks, but not the end of the world.