View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #4254
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

I wish I could get ANY kind of ribs for a decent price. The best you can find around here is $1.99/lb for pork spare ribs, and that's hard to find. Baby Back are always more expensive. I'd do brisket again if I could justify the cost. Best I can find that for is about $4/lb. Ribs are the one popular meat I've yet to smoke. I've done chuckies, brisket, pork shoulder, turkey, and chicken.

Brad, your post about cutting your pork shoulder into smaller pieces so you get more bark is very interesting. I LOVE the flavor I got in the bark on my pork shoulders but it is limited. The larger the cut, the less bark you get per pound. Do you have any suggestions on what shape/size to cut them into? I'm considering trying your method on my next smoke.