View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #35
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: College Hoops Thread 2011-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruse64 View Post
Go Racers!!!
Yeah, if they can beat Morgan State, they can beat anybody!

Again, work has gotten in the way of this, and I'm pressed for time. Yesterday:

# 4 U Conn 78 - Wagner 66 = A dozen points better than Wagner? The Huskies defense of their national title is off to a blazing start.

# 23 Gonzaga 89 - Washington State 81 = Last year the Zags were losing these type of games. Maybe Mark Few has their attention earlier this season.

Boston College 67 - New Hampshire 64 = I had that weird feeling again that this would be a good 'un.

Temple 73 - Penn 67 (OT) = This one, I felt more certain would be good.

Nebraska 64 - USC 61 (2OT) = And this one too, though I didn't predict two extra sessions.

Purdue 67 - High Point 65 = High Point? High Point?? Maybe Robbie Hummel needs to break his leg again.

Tonight has a ton of games, but I don't have time for them all. Here's the . . . uh, high points:

# 2 Kentucky vs. # 12 Kansas = UK and KU . . . you don't need to say much more. The 'Cats may have the better personnel, but you can be fairly sure Bill Self will have the Jayhawks ready to play.

# 3 Ohio State vs. # 7 Florida = Last year the Gators were NOT ready to play this game. I'd expect the Buckeyes to win again, but I'd hope Billy Donovan hasn't made THAT mistake a second time.

# 5 Syracuse vs. Albany = And just because Boeheim is again, as usual, home-cooking cupcakes, there's no reason to call the Orange yellow.

# 6 Duke vs. Michigan State = The Spartans hung tough with the Heels under difficult conditions. Meanwhile, Dook just edged Belmont at home before spanking Presbyterian. I'm not calling for the upset, but I expect a contest.

# 11 Baylor 77 - San Diego State 67 = Yeah, this one's in the books. SDSU was one of last year's darlings, and acquited themselves well here too . . . if one assumes the Bears are as good as the "experts" believe.

# 13 Xavier vs. IPFW = And I'd pee Eff-Dubya too, if the X-men lose this one.

# 18 Vanderbilt vs. Bucknell = The Commodores rebound from their opening loss tonight.

# 20 Cincinnati vs. Jacksonville State = There's enough else happening, so you can ignore this garbage.

# 23 California vs. Austin Peay = Hmmmmmm. I dunno. I'm not convinced Cal's as good as people say, and I do know A-P can play pretty tough. Keep your eye on this one.

UCLA vs. Middle Tennessee State = And nobody knows what the Bruins are either, after dropping a stinker to Loyola-Marymount. Plus, they're dropping players left and right, either to injuries or to "violations of team rules". Much as I'd sort of like to see UCLA make a comeback, they need to show us that they can. I'm don't believe MTSU can give us that info . . . unless they too spank the Bruins.

That's all I have time for. Please jump in with your own to fill the gaps. Thanks, and enjoy.