Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Google Nexus 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
I haven't used one... but I will say this... Window's 8 is going to blow almost all other operating systems out of the water from what I have seen... If I were considering a tablet I would be saving my money for the new Microsoft Surface....
No offence, but don't hold your breath. I had a Surface to play with over the weekend, synopsis is that it's great for Office so if you're looking for a super light/portable Word device so you don't have to lug your laptop on business trips then it's for you (as long as you don't want to connect to Exchange). If you're looking for something that works well as a tablet for pretty much everything else most people use tablets for then keep looking because the Surface feels as about finished and developed as the mass of Android 2.2 tablets did about 18 months ago. Give it a few more years and it may get there, in it's current iteration it's going to be a flop.

OP: the Nexus 7 is a great little tablet, it's the first non-iPad to provide any form of real competition to Apple. If you want a tablet and don't want an iPad it's the only real choice. I would suggest playing with one to decide if you want a 7" tablet or if you need the bigger 10" screen. The Nexus 10 launches on Nov 13 so you'll have both options then.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote