View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 08:57 PM   #24
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Losing some love for Pepin lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Interesting. I’ve had all cigars go up or down depending on year but Pepin cigars changed quite a bit when he went to his own farm tobacco but I wouldn’t say worst, just different. I would say Blue problems are likely weather related and not Blend related but it’s been a while since I smoked a Blue and the few I have are older.

I do love the Blues and smoked many a box so maybe I will snag a fiver next time I’m buying to taste test them.
Yeah I just remember them being such a great cigar, and the box I've had for a while is just really missing the mark by a lot...
Btw I dug up the offending box and while smudged, I believe it reads July 2018...so I suppose it's possible they need some more time but they don't taste young/like they have potential to me, just more dud like. So I definitely like your idea about it being weather related, it would match up with my past experience with the brand.
So yeah definitely everyone feel free to post back here about DPG quality going forward, I'm eager to pick up a box of Blues once they get a good harvest!
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote